J.Jill's Wearever Collection is full of really great basic pieces that are such great quality, and they are all so versatile! I really love that this tank and skirt can be remixed in so many ways for the office and for the weekend. They look perfect with my new denim jacket that I picked up at Target recently, and with these fun gray ankle boots that I can't get enough of. This makes for a great transitional outfit as the weather finally starts to cool down a little bit.
September 27, 2016
Here are the items that I'm currently craving this week! How gorgeous is this suede jacket?! It's such a gorgeous piece for fall and I absolutely love the color and detailing. I saw a similar one when I was shopping at Nordstrom Rack and now I'm kicking myself for not purchasing it. Which is your favorite, and what are you currently craving?
Labels: tuesday's cravings
September 26, 2016
I absolutely fell in love when I saw this top at Zara! I really love the knot in the front, and the fun buttons down the back. It's such a gorgeous top, and it's nothing like anything else in my closet. I've worn it to work with a pair of black pants (although need to wear a tank underneath for the office), and also to happy hour with these distressed jeans that I can't stop wearing. Now I just wish that we had a Zara in NC, although that would be pretty dangerous too!
Labels: Summer Fashion
September 22, 2016
I mentioned on Monday that I went to Hilton Head Island with my family last week! We've gone together for the past 2 years as our Christmas gift and each time we have so much fun! I wanted to share with you today where to stay, where to eat, and what to do when you visit Hilton Head Island. If you haven't been before I definitely recommend it. I'm already counting down until next year's trip!
Where to stay:
1. Marriott SurfWatch: This place is perfect for my family! We are able to get a condo with 3 bedrooms and bathrooms, a living room, and full kitchen which is exactly what we need for the 6 of us for the week. It's also on the ocean, has a couple of different pools, and has a lot of great amenities (think fire pits, corn hole boards, and a fitness center).
2. Westin: If you're looking for a regular hotel room, this is the place to stay. We want on a walk on the beach one day, and ended up walking down to the Westin. We were going to stop and have a drink, but then realized we sadly forgot our credit cards. The pool bar was so nice, and the property was gorgeous!
Where to eat:
1. Red Fish: The best part about Hilton Head Island is their early bird specials! You're able to get such a great deal if you're willing to eat dinner a little earlier. Red Fish is our favorite spot for an early bird dinner, and their salmon with veggies is to die for! We go here every year and it never disappoints. We end up talking for the rest of the trip about how great our meal was!
2. Poseidon: This past trip was our first time visiting Poseidon and this place is seriously so good that we went there twice! On the first night we went to their roof top bar for drinks and to watch the sunset over the water. It was gorgeous! On the second night we went there for dinner and the food was so delicious (I had the salmon again but this time with lump crab meat on top with a roasted vegetable grain salad). Everyone had a great meal!
3. Hilton Head Diner: We usually go out for breakfast once during our trip, and this is the place that we always go. My Dad has to get his western omelette fix, and he says that this place makes it perfectly! I usually just get a simple breakfast there, but they have something to please everyone.
4. Aunt Chiladas: I recommend Aunt Chiladas just for their happy hour (I wouldn't recommend eating dinner here). They have really great drink and appetizers specials each day. They also had some really amazing live music when we were there which is always an added bonus!
What to do:
1. Shelter Cove: Shelter Cove is such a beautiful area in Hilton Head! It's a marina with a lot of cute shops and restaurants. It's a fun place to walk around a check out some of the local stores. You can also rent kayaks and boats here which we really want to do next time.
2. Outlets: We don't have outlets in Raleigh sadly, so I'm always interested in going when we are in Hilton Head! They have Tanger Outlets 1 and 2 there so they have plenty of stores to choose from. I convinced my Dad to stop on the way home which was perfect.
3. Rent a bike: Our hotel had a place where you could rent bikes for the day or the week, and there are plenty of other places to rent bikes on the island. Their beach is a lot different in that the sand is really flat and hard so you're easily able to ride your bike on the beach which looks like so much fun! This is definitely something I want to do next time too.
4. Comedy show: We went to the comedy show last year, and we had a blast! The 2 comedians were really funny, but the best part was when my Mom and sister both got pulled up on stage. This experience is something that we still laugh about and I definitely suggest it!
5. Relax! There's nothing better than laying on the beach or by the pool with a drink and a good book. Make sure you take the time to relax and soak in the sun! I came back from our trip feeling so refreshed and I can't wait to go back next year.
Have you been to Hilton Head Island before?