Every season I follow along with New York Fashion Week from afar! I hope to go next season, but for now I really enjoy watching the shows online and following along on social media. Lately I've been thinking about what I would bring along with me for New York Fashion Week if I was there so that I would be red carpet ready. The items that help me feel red carpet ready are also the same items that I use whenever I have a local event to attend, or event a wedding to go to. Here are my essentials:
2. Clutch: When going to an event, I never want to bring along a large tote bag. I always prefer to bring along a clutch with me because it's easier to carry around, and what's better than a sequin clutch?! This one would be perfect for New York Fashion Week, and for any local event that I'm attending. I love all of the colors and the sparkle!
3. Statement earrings: I really love tassel earrings right now, and I especially love this metallic pair! It adds something special to any outfit, and it's definitely perfect to feel red carpet ready.
4. Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths with CleanRipple® Texture: This might be TMI, but these would definitely be a great product to bring along to New York Fashion Week so that I feel fresh and great in my favorite outfits. Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture keeps you clean so you can feel confident enough to strut your stuff, whether down the runway, the red carpet or the city streets. Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture is designed to clean better, so you’re clean & confident enough to go commando if you want to.
5. Dark eye shadow: Whenever I'm dressing up for a special occasion, I love taking my makeup to the next level. For this, a smokey eye is really fun to do, or I love a dark brown eye shadow like this color here to add some drama.
6. Red lipstick: Red lipstick instantly turns your look into glam. I know that when I have an event to go to or when I attend New York Fashion Week, I'll definitely be wearing red lipstick. I love the one pictured here because it is matte and the color is really bold.
7. Mascara: Mascara is the number one product that I couldn't live without, and it's definitely necessary to be red carpet ready! I love a mascara that both lengthens my lashes and gives me volume like this one does.You can always use false eye lashes instead if you prefer.
How do you get red carpet ready?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.