This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
I always both start and end my day with a cup of hot tea. It’s a great way to give me energy to begin the work day, and it’s also a great way to relax and unwind at the end of the day. I’ve never really been a fan of coffee, and instead I tea proudly and I reach for a cup of Bigelow tea. Tea Proudly is a platform that Bigelow started to start the conversation and share your passion about tea. What I love about drinking tea is that it’s both warm and cozy, connects people, invites conversation and makes memories. For me when I sip a cup of tea and I remember the times sitting around my parents dining room table sharing a pot of tea with my family, and enjoying tea during the tea party that I host each year.
My favorite kind of tea is Bigelow‘s
green tea that I pick up at Walmart, and it’s the perfect one to reach
for during Hot Tea Month in January. Tea is second only to water as the
most consumed beverage in the world, and 82% of Americans drink tea. How
fun is that?! One of my favorite foods to pair with a cup of tea is a warm scone. Today I wanted to share a lighter take on a cranberry orange scone that goes perfectly with a warm cup of green tea:
1 1/2 cups almond flour (or your favorite flour)
3 tbsp agave
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Zest of 1 orange
2 tbsp unsalted butter
3 tsp nonfat milk
2/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and orange zest.
3. Using 2 knives cut the butter into the flour mixture until the butter becomes the size of peas. This part can be a little tricky until you get the hang of it. Stir in the dried cranberries.
4. Add in the Greek yogurt and nonfat milk, and combine using a wooden spoon. You can add in a little more nonfat milk if it’s too dry.
5. Shape the dough into an 8 inch circle and transfer to a cookie sheet. Cut into 8 triangular pieces, and bake them joined.
6. Bake for 16-18 minutes.