This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WonderfulYourWay #CollectiveBias
My husband and I love having a date night at home! It’s a great way to unwind from the week and have a relaxing night at home. We’ll turn on some music, and I’ll cook a meal that’s easy but that also takes a little longer than our usual weeknight meals since we have more time. My favorite dish to make is something with pasta because I am Italian after all! It’s also the perfect meal to sit down and eat for a date night. It’s hearty, but full of a lot of vegetables at the same time. The pasta that I’ve been using lately is Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette that I pick up at Kroger that helps me make my “Wonderful Your Way” meal. This pasta is the #1 choice of Italy (we actually saw it in the markets when we were in Italy during the Fall!). It also tastes great, is simple, wholesome, and the quality is outstanding. Here’s the recipe for my favorite pasta bake:
1 box of Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette pasta
1-28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
1-10 oz. container of grape tomatoes cut into halves
1 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
2 zucchinis, spiralized
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Add water to a medium sauce pan, and turn on medium high.
3. When the water comes to a boil, cook the pasta until it becomes al dente.
4. While the pasta is cooking, in a skillet heat up the spiralized zucchini and grape tomatoes with a little bit of olive oil for about 5 minutes.
5. In a large mixing bowl combine the pasta, zucchini, crushed tomatoes, grape tomatoes, and ricotta cheese.
7. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and chopped basil.
8. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
9. Enjoy and serve with a glass of sparkling water!
What do you like to make for date night? You can go here to see more “Wonderful Your Way” recipe inspiration.