This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DailyVegolutions #CollectiveBias
1 year ago my husband and I started our health and fitness journey (and we are still going strong!). With this, I’ve come up with a list of easy and healthier recipes that we have on rotation that I love making each week. The recipe that I wanted to share with you guys today is for vegetarian tacos!
You might know this already, but I’m a vegetarian and my husband is not. However when we’re at home, he always eats what I make for dinner instead of making meat for himself. It’s important to make sure we are getting enough protein each day, and there are a few different protein sources that we include in our diet. One source is MorningStar Farms®, which my husband loves too! I especially love their products because I’m able to make meals that are quick, easy, and still help me (and my husband) on our healthier lifestyle journey! I pick up my MorningStar Farms® items at Walmart, and right now there’s an Ibotta offer that if you buy any 3 MorningStar Farms® products, you earn $3. This offer is valid starting today through January, and it applies to all MorningStar Farms® products at Walmart.
If you have a Vegolution to incorporate more vegetables into your diet this year, I definitely suggest these products for vegetarians and non-vegetarians. My two current favorites are the MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
and MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Crumbles™. In today’s recipe for vegetarian tacos I’ll be using the black bean crumbles:
Ingredients (serves 2):
4 corn tortillas
1 cup of MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
1/4 cup of Great Value™ frozen corn
1 medium zucchini
1 medium squash
1 small avocado
3/4 cup of salsa
4 tsp of shredded Mexican cheese
1. Chop the zucchini and squash, and saute in a pan with a little bit of olive oil.
2. While the zucchini and squash are cooking, heat up the MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ and Great Value™frozen corn according to the directions on their respective bags.
3. Add the MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™, Great Value™frozen corn, and 3/4 cup of salsa to the pan with the zucchini and squash. Stir everything together and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. While this is cooking, cut up the avocado.
5. Place mixture of the zucchini, squash, MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™, Great Value™frozen corn, and salsa onto 4 corn tortillas. Top with avocado and shredded cheese.
What are your favorite recipes to make during the week?