I’m a big fan of making quick and easy meals during the week, and it’s usually some kind of a bowl (a couple weeks ago I shared a recipe for a Mediterranean bowl here). Today I wanted to share my favorite recipe for a Mexican bowl. It’s another meal that I’m able to make in about 5 minutes, and it’s vegetarian too. Here’s how to make it:
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 cups of brown rice
2 cups of butternut squash
1 can of black beans, rinsed
2 tablespoons of guacamole
2 tablespoons of corn salsa
4 tablespoons of salsa verde
Drizzle of sriracha ranch dressing
- Cook the brown rice. I always buy frozen brown rice that I can just quickly microwave to make things easier during the week.
- While the brown rice is cooking rinse the black beans and heat them up on the stove.
- Steam the butternut squash. Once again, I do this in the microwave with frozen butternut squash.
- Add the rice, beans, and squash in a bowl. Top with guacamole, corn salsa, and salsa verde.
- Drizzle with sriracha ranch dressing that I pick up from Trader Joe’s.
Photos by GloryRoze Photography