I last shared our favorite children’s books here, and today I wanted to add a few more to our list! Charlotte is such a big fan of books, and sometimes she’ll even sit quietly and ‘read’ by herself which is so cute. We’ll read several books throughout the day, and then we always read her a book before bedtime too. Here are some of our recent favorites:
1. The Pout-Pout Fish: Charlotte loves the pout-pout fish and will ask to read this book! If you haven’t heard of this book before, it’s about a fish that falls in love in the end. She also has the version with the flaps too that keeps her busy for a while.
2. Sesame Street: Elmo’s ABC Lift-the-Flap: This is a big book with a lot of flaps that Charlotte will read with me on the couch. She’ll lift all of the flaps, and I’ll also ask her to point to different people and objects. Sesame Street is the only show that we watch with Charlotte, so she is obsessed with all of the different characters.
3. The Pigeon Wants a Puppy: I mentioned the Pigeon books last time, and we recently picked up this book which has such a funny ending!
4. Watch Me Throw the Ball!: We heard about this series when we went to story time at Quail Ridge Books, and they are written by the same author as the Pigeons books. It’s such a funny book too, and Charlotte is obsessed with balls which makes this one a winner. Just a side note, it is a little long so she won’t always sit through the whole story.
5. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom: This book is a classic, and I got it at my baby shower. It’s a cute little book all about the alphabet and we love how it rhymes!
6. Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed: Charlotte loves this song, which means that automatically loves this book. This one is usually a go to whenever my sister visits.
What are your favorite children’s books?