Charlotte will be 2 in December which is so hard to believe! She’s definitely a busy girl these days and is constantly on the move and is talking up a storm. We have a variety of different activities that we like to do together where she’s learning and also keeping busy. Here are some activity ideas to do with your toddler:
- Read: One of Charlotte’s favorite things to do is to read! She loves to grab a book, say ‘read’, and then sit down in my lap for us to read a book together. She will also often grab a book and look at the picture alone while I’m cooking which is so nice. We have quite the collection of books and we keep some downstairs, in her room, and in the car. The books that keep her busy for the longest are any books with flaps that she can lift. This Sesame Street book is here favorite.
- Practice the alphabet: Charlotte is obsessed with her ABC’s, and can say the whole alphabet (she likes to leave out a couple letters though). She’s constantly saying her ABC’s throughout the day, and we have a few alphabet books and this alphabet toy for her to practice with. Just a side note, she first learned her alphabet but us singing the song together each day.
- Go to the park: We have a few different parks nearby (Pullen Park is our favorite), and Charlotte would happily swing for hours on end.
- Blow bubbles: If you ask Charlotte what she wants to do today, she will always say bubbles! This girl is obsessed, and we have this bubble machine which makes it even more fun (and I don’t have to blow bubbles myself the entire time).
- Sensory bins: We’ve done a couple sensory bins, but this is something that I want to experiment more with. During the summer I filled up a bin with water, plastic fish, and measuring cups and she was in heaven. I want to try a bin with pom poms and measuring cups as well.
- Dance: We often play Disney music on our Amazon echo, and Charlotte and I will dance together. It’s so fun! She also loves to do ‘Ring Around the Rosie’ and the ‘Hokey Pokey.’
- Blocks: We have this set of blocks that she loves to build things with, and then of course knock it down.
- Play ball: We have a few different rubber balls that we’ll roll around inside, or kick around outside.
- Sing: Charlotte loves to sing ‘Patty Cake’, the ‘Itsy Bitsy Spider’, ‘The Wheels on the Bus’, and more. It’s also a great way to keep her entertained in the car!
- Go on a walk: Charlotte and my Mom go on a walk everyday when I’m at work, and we’ll go on a walk together on the weekends too. Charlotte loves riding in her stroller, and looking at all of the houses and trees.
- Animal sounds: One thing Charlotte loves to do is make animal sounds. I’ll go through the list and ask her what different animals say, and it always makes us laugh!
- Go to the science museum:We are so lucky to live near the North Carolina Life and Science Museum in Durham! It’s such a great museum with so many different animals including a butterfly house that Charlotte loves.
- Color:Charlotte’s new favorite thing to do is color! I’ll either give her a pack of Crayons or Crayola’s mess free markers and she’ll color while sitting in her highchair.
- Dolls: This girl loves her baby dolls and stuffed animals. She’s constantly pushing them around in her doll stroller which is just too cute.
What activities do you like to do with your toddler?
Photos by GloryRoze Photography