If you follow me on Instagram (@akeeleywhite), you know that my sister was supposed to get married the weekend that Hurricane Florence hit North Carolina. We live in Raleigh and we were very lucky compared to those that live at the coast when it came to damage and power outages. Regardless, my sister had to postpone her wedding because of the weather and also all the flight cancellations. It was the right decision, but it was of course such a hard decision to make! This was the dress that I was going to wear to her rehearsal dinner, and I absolutely love it! It’s from Old Navy and is currently on sale, and I’ll definitely be able to wear it to the office and out to dinner too before the weather cools down too much. My sister’s wedding is now in December, which just means I have an excuse to buy a new dress for the rehearsal dinner! I’m looking forward to their wedding, and it will definitely be a day that they both deserve and have dreamed of.
Old Navy dress | Rebecca Minkoff bag | Similar earrings | Steve Madden heels
Photos by GloryRoze Photography
Here are the items that I’m currently craving this week! All of the pieces in today’s blog post are perfect for Fall and are great deals at under $100. My favorite pieces are definitely the Old Navy jumpsuit which would be great layered with a sweater or denim jacket and a pair of flat, and these Express jeans. Express is a store I haven’t shopped at in a while, but these jeans are definitely sparking my interest! Which is your favorite, and what are you currently craving?
Old Navy leggings | Target cardigan | American Eagle Outfitters jeans
Old Navy jumpsuit | Express jeans | Abercrombie & Fitch pullover
(You can shop my pajamas here)
Today I thought I would do something a little different and share our favorite children’s books! Every night before bed we read Charlotte a book and she absolutely loves it. She’ll even turn the pages the right way which cracks me up, and then of course will promptly try to eat the book as well. It has been fun reliving some of our old favorites and also discovering some new ones too.
1. The Very Hungry Caterpillar: This book is Charlotte’s number 1 favorite, and it’s so cute to see how her eyes light up whenever we take this book out.
2. The Pigeon Needs a Bath: For my baby shower, everyone brought a book instead of a card and wrote a message for Charlotte inside. My cousin bought this book, and it is so funny! We have a few other pigeon books, and I definitely recommend them.
3. Everything is Mama: I was hoping that this book by Jimmy Fallon would help Charlotte say Mama as her first word….I was wrong.
4. Your Baby’s First Word Will Be Dada: Apparently this book by Jimmy Fallon works better than the Mama version. Charlotte’s first word was ‘Dada’ and she likes to say it over and over again whenever I say Mama. Regardless, this is a really cute book and I love anything by Jimmy Fallon!
5. Rocket Science for Babies: This is a series of engineering books for babies that my Mother-in-law found! My husband is an engineer, so he absolutely loves reading these books to Charlotte before bed. It’s pretty hilarious that she has all of these different books including Rocket Science for Babies.
What are your favorite children’s books?
Photo by GloryRoze Photography
This striped dress from J.Jill is the perfect dress to transition into Fall. It’s a little bit of a heavier weight, and has chambray detailing which I like and it makes the dress more unique. It’s perfect paired here with my lace-up sandals and straw bag while it’s still technically summer, but I can definitely see it paired with a pair of ankle boots and a leather bag for Fall. Do you have a striped dress for Fall?
c/o J.Jill striped dress | Kendra Scott necklace | Tory Burch bag | Lace-up sandals
Photos by GloryRoze Photography