I recently wore this chambray dress for a lunch date at Bartaco! My husband and I have been trying to spend some more time just the two of us which has been really nice, and it’s even better when tacos are involved. I really love this chambray dress with the embroidery detail, and it’s also on sale right now which is an added bonus. It’s a dress that is perfect for the weekend with a pair of sandals, and with a pair of flats for the work week. Do you have a chambray dress?
c/o J. Jill dress | c/o Sugarfix x BaubleBar earrings | J. Crew leopard sandals
Here are the items that I’m currently craving this week! This wish list features all summer staples from Target, H&M, and Loft all under $55. My favorite item is the pair of sandals from Target which are only $13. They are the perfect pair of sandals to just slip on and go. Which is your favorite, and what are you currently craving?
Tasseled Tie Neck Sweater | Two Band Flip Flop Slide Sandals | Rose Garden Flutter Swing Dress
Handbag | V-Neck Denim Wide Leg Jumpsuit | Linen-blend shorts
I last shared our favorite children’s books here, and today I wanted to add a few more to our list! Charlotte is such a big fan of books, and sometimes she’ll even sit quietly and ‘read’ by herself which is so cute. We’ll read several books throughout the day, and then we always read her a book before bedtime too. Here are some of our recent favorites:
1. The Pout-Pout Fish: Charlotte loves the pout-pout fish and will ask to read this book! If you haven’t heard of this book before, it’s about a fish that falls in love in the end. She also has the version with the flaps too that keeps her busy for a while.
2. Sesame Street: Elmo’s ABC Lift-the-Flap: This is a big book with a lot of flaps that Charlotte will read with me on the couch. She’ll lift all of the flaps, and I’ll also ask her to point to different people and objects. Sesame Street is the only show that we watch with Charlotte, so she is obsessed with all of the different characters.
3. The Pigeon Wants a Puppy: I mentioned the Pigeon books last time, and we recently picked up this book which has such a funny ending!
4. Watch Me Throw the Ball!: We heard about this series when we went to story time at Quail Ridge Books, and they are written by the same author as the Pigeons books. It’s such a funny book too, and Charlotte is obsessed with balls which makes this one a winner. Just a side note, it is a little long so she won’t always sit through the whole story.
5. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom: This book is a classic, and I got it at my baby shower. It’s a cute little book all about the alphabet and we love how it rhymes!
6. Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed: Charlotte loves this song, which means that automatically loves this book. This one is usually a go to whenever my sister visits.
What are your favorite children’s books?
While more people start gravitating towards bright colors in the Spring and the Summer, I find myself reaching for an all black outfit (last seen here). There’s something that I love about an all black outfit, especially when going out for drinks with friends! When I wear all black I do like to add in a pop of color with my accessories, so this time I wore these palm leaf earrings by Sugarfix x BaubleBar. They are so lightweight and less than $15 which is an added bonus! I also like to wear a top that has fun detailing, so lately I’ve been reaching for this pleated top from Banana Republic. What do you think about wearing all black?
Pleated top (similar) | Sugarfix x BaubleBar earrings | Old Navy jeggings | Rebecca Minkoff bag | Polka dot flats
Photos by GloryRoze Photography
Linking up with Straight A Style, Fashion Canvas, Rosy Outlook